SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
June 5 – 10, 2023.
Information contained in this site is for the 2022 program.
Information for the 2023 program not yet available.
Comprehensive Updates, Strategies and Practice Recommendations for State-of-the-Art Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Comprehensive Review and Update 2022 will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
This program, the 62nd Annual Internal Medicine Update from the leading clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, provides comprehensive instruction to ensure clinicians are current with the latest evidence and best practices to optimize patient care.
This program covers the breadth of Internal Medicine subspecialties, including:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Infectious Diseases, including COVID-19
- Immunotherapies and Biologics
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Hematology and Oncology
- Allergy and Immunology
- Obesity Medicine
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Hospital Medicine
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Addiction Medicine
- Palliative Care
- Pain Medicine
Practical, Results-Focused Education for Ambulatory and Inpatient Settings
Enhance your skills and optimize your patient outcomes by joining Harvard Medical School’s most distinguished faculty—across all relevant fields of Internal Medicine—as they provide updates, best practices and clinical strategies designed to improve day-to-day practice in both ambulatory and inpatient settings.
Highlights of the 2022 program, comprising 80+ high-impact, incisive educational sessions, include:
- Comprehensive updates across all areas of Internal Medicine presented by Harvard Medical School’s leading clinical faculty and most distinguished teachers
- Specific evidence-based recommendations to incorporate updates into practice for optimized patient care and outcomes
- Outcomes-driven strategies to improve diagnosis and management of diseases seen in both ambulatory and inpatient settings
- Case-based sessions and daily Q&A sessions with Harvard faculty
- Expanded treatment options for:
- Cardiovascular disease (including CVD in women)
- Obesity (including novel medical therapies and surgical management)
- Diabetes and novel therapeutic strategies
- Women’s health
- COPD, asthma and obstructive sleep apnea
- Smoking cessation and alcohol use disorders
- IBD, GERD, functional bowel disorders, and upper tract diseases
- Vasculitis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, and more
- The state of the art in:
- Coronary artery disease screening
- Acute coronary syndrome management
- Anticoagulation strategies
- Delirium and dementia and updated management strategies
- Thromboembolic disease and its complications
- Immunotherapies and biologics
- Cancer screening strategies
- Mind-Body Medicine and the evidence behind it
- Emerging infections and clinical management of pneumonia
- HIV medicine, care of the immunosuppressed host, and skin/soft tissue infections
- Management of C. difficile (including new therapies)
- Immunization strategies and updates
- Diagnostic and treatment strategies for viral hepatitis
- Addiction medicine, including alcohol use disorder and safe opioid prescription
- Acute kidney injury and care of patients with chronic kidney disease
- Contemporary care of the LGBTQ patient
- Osteoporosis management and approach to the patient with menopausal symptoms
- Diagnosis and management of anxiety and depression
- The latest guidelines for:
- Breast cancer and ovarian cancer screening
- Additional cancer screening (including prostate and colon)
- Hyperlipidemia and hypertension
- Diagnosis and management of sepsis
- Rational antibiotic use in the era of rising antimicrobial resistance
- A live, interactive New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) Clinicopathologic Conference (CPC) session
Optimized for Remote Education
The 2022 program has been enhanced for distance learning:
- Live streamed sessions
- Q&A with the Professors via chat
- Recordings of all live streamed education made available to participants for online viewing, at your convenience, through December 30, 2022.
- Easy access to these recordings will permit those in different time zones or who have scheduling conflicts to avoid missing out on any sessions that are important to them.
- In addition, participants can review sessions that they had previously watched via live stream to reinforce key learning points.
- Recordings are available to participants for a full 6 months after the end of the course.